Interactive Business Systems
Network Admin / Engineer Port Washington WI
Planet Technology is teaming up with a Port Washington, WI area client to locate and bring on a Network Admin/Engineer for a long term opportunity!
- 4 – 8 years network administration & engineering experience
- Microsoft certification preferred.
- Office365/Azure experience
- LAN knowledge, Aruba/Fortinet experience a plus
- Network design and implementation
- Problem solving, strategic planning, multi-tasking, quality focus.
- Strong technical knowledge and abilities.
Description of Role
- Maintain a secure and up to date computing environment by identifying network issues/vulnerabilities and server requirements; installing upgrades; and monitoring ongoing performance.
- Position is a key contributor to Cybersecurity response, training, and diagnosis of security issues. Assists with maintaining/updating response plans as needed.
- Establish network specifications by conferring with users, analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements.
- Manage network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Enhance network security via access controls, multi-factor authentication, system/data backups, and firewall integrity.
- Require potential off hour work and an on-call rotation along with occasional travel to remote sites.
- Monitor and maintain backups and assists with Disaster Recover and Business Continuity planning. Ability to evaluate and enhance companys existing Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan.
- Play a key role in integrating new business acquisitions the network including e-mail account integration, network security, data backup and Disaster Recover/Business Continuity planning.
- Provide next level support, mentorship, and assistance to IT Help Desk as needed
- Secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation, maintaining documentation.
- Prepare users by designing and conducting training programs, providing references and support.
- Upgrade network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Additional ad-hoc projects as needed.
Interested candidates should send a resume and brief cover note to the attention of Chris Douglas at Planet Technology (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Planet Technology offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all employees. Referral and sign-on bonuses may also be available.
Interactive Business Systems combined forces with Planet121, Planet Interactive, and WinterWyman’s Technology and Software divisions to form Planet Technology. Planet Technology, part of The Planet Group, is a global staffing and recruitment firm that specializes in sourcing top talent for roles within the Core Technology, Enterprise Systems, and Creative & Digital sectors. Our holistic vetting and consultative approach ensure the highest level of satisfaction and service. Our team of specialized technology recruiters spans a range of industries but maintains a singular focus: connecting top-shelf core technology talent with unique opportunities across the globe.