Interactive Business Systems
UX Engineer Chicago IL
UX Developers at our client translates business needs and product requirements into highly functional, compelling digital experiences in our client facing applications. You will collaborate proactively with our product owners, business analysts, designers, architects and fellow developers in an agile team. Your responsibilities will include the architecture and development of client facing experiences, consulting on new features, and evangelizing technical opportunities.
- A commitment to high-quality deployed code as well as positive and productive contributions
- Collaborate and communicate professionally with cross-discipline product teams
- Work directly with product owners and architects to understand technical needs and user requirements while effectively communicating the complexity, intent, and specifications of development tasks
- Manage expectations while advocating for effective, efficient, and thoughtful technical solutions.
- Developing interactive reporting dashboards and data visualizations.
- Building experiences through a combination of design tools (Zeplin, Invision)
- Create single page applications using the clients’ digital architecture style guides and Design System.
- Creating reusable and configurable software components
- Experience working with the React framework, Redux and supporting middleware
- Work portfolio (applications, code samples) that demonstrates systematic and creative development thinking as well as a deep understanding of UI development best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (the ability to effectively sell an idea).
- Ability to manage time wisely given competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle, including waterfall and (more importantly) agile methodologies.
- Experience with debugging and browser performance optimization
- Experience using GIT and source control workflows (Gitflow, Pull Requests) with multiple contributors
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Node, Webpack, and NPM libraries
- Comfortable working with server side architects to define flow & structure of data
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Domain driven design concepts and event driven architecture
- Practical understanding of accessibility standards and WCAG 2.1 compliance
- Familiarity with SQL and No SQL Databases
- Experience with Message Queues, Redis, & Kafka
- Spring Boot or similar server-side framework (such as Express or Django)
- Web Application Security, OWASP
- Comfortable mentoring fellow developers
- CSS 3 responsive design, CSS Preprocessors, CSS Animations